Who can play? Why play?
There's something about the game of baseball that lights up a child's eyes. It's an experience that every child
deserves. But for children facing physical and mental challenges, that opportunity is either unavailable or can often be a difficult first
WHO can play?
We welcome ALL school age children (ages 5 and up) with ALL disabilities who have a current IEP or 504 plan. We strive to be inclusive and commit to welcome and love all eligible players. We can't wait to see you playing ball on our "Field of Dreams"!
The Miracle League of Miami Dade has come to realize that we not only serve children with special needs but also their parents and siblings.
The Miracle League of Miami Dade is not just a baseball league. It is a community of players, families, and volunteers all working together with a common mission: to create positive life experiences for children with special needs and their families through baseball.
The Children: Our players have come to benefit so richly from:
- Interaction with other children.
- Positive attention they receive as a Miracle League "All Star".
- Relationships they establish with caring members of our extended community.
- Encouraging the determination of their teammates and other players.
The Families: The parents, siblings and extended families of our players experience:
- A rare opportunity to enjoy watching and cheering for loved one as they participate as a member of an organized team.
- The sense of community that comes from sitting with other parents who have "been there" and understand.
- The opportunity to share common stories and experiences and act as a source of information and support for other parents and families.
- The knowledge that their child will be loved and accepted just the way they are.