Organization of Players
Our league provides school age children (ages 5 and up) with special needs the opportunity to enjoy playing
the game of baseball in a safe and fun environment as a team member on an organized league.
The rules are simple:
- Every player bats once each inning (each game has two innings)
- All base runners are safe
- Every player scores a run before the inning is over (last one up hits a home run)
- Community volunteers serve as "buddies" to assist the players
- Each team and each player wins every game
In order to make sure each and every player has a positive experience in a Miracle League of Miami Dade season,
we have organized the players into the following 4 school aged leagues:
- Depending on the number of players, we will initially play (3) 8 week seasons each year- Spring, Fall, and Winter.
- Teams are no larger than 15 players per team, Games last about 1 hour
- No practice required- just arrive 30 minutes before scheduled game time
- Every team has a head coach and up to 4 assistant coaches
- Every player receives a uniform shirt and hat and a buddy to assist them to play.
- Many players have "nick-names" & favorite songs that are played as they come up to bat
Please email us at
to find out more about how your child can become a player in The Miracle League of Miami Dade!!